Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman of the United States of America has been elected as the Chairperson of the World Scout Committee (WSC) for the 2021-2024 triennium alongside Jo Deman of Belgium and Sarah Rita Kattan of Lebanon who will serve as the Committee’s two Vice-Chairpersons. The announcement was made on the fourth day of the virtual 42nd World Scout Conference.
The Chairperson and Vice-Chairpersons were appointed by the newly elected 12 voting members of World Scout Committee on 27 August 2021.
The World Scout Committee is the “board” of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) and is one of the organisation’s three constituent bodies with the other two being the World Scout Conference and World Scout Bureau.
The World Scout Committee is responsible for the implementation of the resolutions of the World Scout Conference and to act on the Conference’s behalf between its meetings.
The recently elected 12 Voting Members of the World Scout Committee listed in alphabetical order by their last name are:
- Mr Mehdi Ben Khelil, Tunisia
- Mr Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman, United States of America
- Mr Mori Chi-Kin Cheng, Hong Kong
- Mr Wayne Adrian Davis, Ethiopia
- Mr Jo Deman, Belgium
- Ms Nika Gorovska, Ukraine
- Ms Pia Melin Graasbøll, Denmark
- Ms Sarah Rita Kattan, Lebanon
- Mr Eun Gui Kim, Republic of Korea
- Ms Daiana Neil, Argentina
- Ms Christine “Chrissy” Pollithy, Germany
- Mr Juan Reig, Spain
In accordance with WOSM’s constitutional provisions, the WSC’s mandate starts on the closure of the 42nd World Scout Conference and will finish at the closure of the 43rd World Scout Conference in 2024.